- This is a Primal production specification issue – it poses absolutely no risk to human health.
- Only 5 specific Primal Canine and Feline Freeze-Dried Poultry Formulas were produced outside of our grind size specification (see attached file)
- We have very precise requirements as to how our foods are to be produced so they preform optimally.
- We require our meat and bones be ground down to a coarseness of 1/8"
- Over a single production run, the wrong grind plate was used and the product was ground at 1/4" coarseness, which is a 1/8" variance to our specifications.
- We became aware that food produced over a single production run did not meet our precise specifications and may not preform optimally, particularly for small dogs and cats.
- We are not comfortable having product in the market that doesn’t meet our precise specifications and deliver optimal experience to the consumer and pet.
- This decision is entirely voluntary and the FDA is not involved at all.
Modified on: Fri, 22 Dec, 2017 at 5:42 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.